- pROFESSOR OF pOLITICAL STUDIES AT BAR ILAN UNIVERSITY
- FOUNDER OF THE GRADUATE PROGRAM ON CONFLICT MANAGEMENT AND NEGOTIATION
- PRESIDENT OF jERUSALEM BASED PUBLIC AFFAIRS INSTITUTE, NGO-MONITOR, AWARDED THE BEGIN PRIZE IN 2013
- The Changing Nature of Power in International Relations
- Soft-power Politics, Human Rights, and Non-governmental Organizations (NGOS)
- Military strategy and arms control
- Israeli Politics
- Israel's delegate to the IAEA’s academic conferences on a Middle East Zone Free of Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Team leader of Israel at the Polls (1988 to 2005)
- Awarded Israel Science Foundation research grant, 2008
- Member, Israel Council of Foreign Affairs
- Israel Higher-Education Council, Committee on Public Policy in 2013
- Inter-parliamentary Coalition for Combating Antisemitism ICCA.
Steinberg is quoted in the New York TImes, interviewed on the BBC, NPR, CNN, CBC and other top media platforms. His op-ed columns are published in the Wall St. Journal, Financial Times, Ha'aretz, International Herald Tribune, Times of Israel, Jerusalem Post, and other publications.